Posted to users@maven.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2003/05/01 04:47:06 UTC

RE: aspectSourceDirectory and broken link

Anthony Kong <an...@ufjia.com> wrote on 30/04/2003 06:16:49 PM:

> Hi, dIon,
>
> I have tried this but I think it failed. Here is the log:

> java:prepare-filesystem:
>
> java:compile:
>     [javac] Compiling 88 source files to
> /workpf/main/pecunia/Java/GL/finis/target/classes

/workpf/main/pecunia/Java/GL/finis/src/co/pecunia/gl/backend/Trace.java:15:
> 'class' or 'interface' expected
> public aspect Trace {
>        ^
> 1 error

This looks suspiciously like you've placed your aspectSourceDirectory as
your sourceDirectory.

aspect source shouldn't be in the source directory.

> I guess the aspectSourceDirectory should be mutually exclusive with
> sourceDirectory?!
Yes, they are two very different things.

> Feel free to ask me to try other setting. I will be glad to see it work.

> some minor point: I guess if maven can provide a way for people to
modify
> the flow of stock goal. e.g. javac:compile is showhow a prereq of
jar:jar.
> If there is a workflow object in maven allows use to modify the
> interdependency of a goal, in this case, remove javac:compile with
> aspectj:compile, life will be much easier?  I would envision a
"replaceGoal"
> in addition to the "preGoal" and "postGoal"?

Realistically, someone should update the aspectj:compile to be a preGoal
on java:compile.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au