Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/10/24 20:59:12 UTC

struts-faces: ActionForm not populated

Okay -- I know doing something stupid -- anyway, I am implementing a
simple example using Struts-faces -- I have a login page where a user
enters username and password; which goes through my LogonAction; then
forwards to a faces page for display of entered data. The problem I am
having is that my Action is being called, but the ActionForm (a
dynaActioNForm) is not being populated.

Here's my logon JSP:

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="f" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="h" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-faces" %>

<f:view>
<s:loadMessages var="messages"/>
<s:html locale="true">
<head>
   <title>Struts Cookbook - Integrating Struts and JSF</title>
</head>
   <s:form id="logon" action="/Logon"
      focus="username" styleClass="form">
     <h:outputLabel for="username" styleClass="label" value="Username:"/>
     <h:inputText id="username" required="true" size="10"/> <p />
     <h:outputLabel for="password" styleClass="label" value="Password:"/>
     <h:inputSecret id="password" required="true" size="10"/> <p />
     <h:commandButton id="submit" type="SUBMIT" value="Logon" />
   </s:form>
</s:html>
</f:view>

My struts-config.xml is straightforward normal stuff -- I am using
Struts 1.2.4 and the nightly build of Struts faces (also JSF 1.1) ...
any ideas would be most appreciated.

-Bill Siggelkow

Re: struts-faces: ActionForm not populated

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
Ahhh ... Bach!

Worked like a charm, Craig ... thanks!

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.