Posted to user@flink.apache.org by kovas boguta <ko...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/20 17:21:33 UTC

An interesting apache project: Reef

Some people here (especially Flink contributors) might be interested to
know about this project: https://reef.apache.org/index.html

It is lower-level than Flink (and less mature), but with similar
architectural sensibilities and emphasis on interfaces. It would be pretty
interesting to compare the designs in areas of overlap, and maybe some
cross-pollination of ideas (if not outright reuse/compatibility) is
possible.

Also check out the related subprojects:
https://reef.apache.org/tang.html
https://reef.apache.org/wake.html

Re: An interesting apache project: Reef

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the pointers.

I actually know some of the Reef people (like Markus Weimer) and we talked
about ideas a few times. Especially around batch and iterations. There were
many common thoughts and good discussions.

In the streaming space, I think Flink and Reef diverged quite a bit
(checkpointing, latency, state).