Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Matthieu Estrade <ap...@moresecurity.org> on 2003/11/13 20:55:23 UTC

Re: the wheel of httpd-dev life is surely slowing down, solutions please

MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:

>Disclaimer : Not targetting any one individual

I don't think there is target here, i consider it more as an open
discussion.

>I have a question to the people have lots of time to write such long mails
>and responses - why can't you instead spend that time to review patches and
>give feedback ?

it's 9pm here and i am still at work, i was just taking a little time to
answer before quit.
i agree it's a long mail because english is not easy for me.
I try to give feedback about all happen in modules and experimental code
in httpd 2.0
But when you give feedback, review code, and post patch and nothing
happen then... It's not easy to continue this way =)
Maybe my feedback and mails aren't good, so in this case i understand
more... but with no answer, it's hard to think something about my work.

>It sure will improve the life of httpd-dev.

I am not sure continuing this way will improve much the life of httpd-dev.
And core team will receive more and more mail they will not be able to
answer in a reasonnable time.
I don't think the problem is in reviewing and giving feedback, but how
this is used and what will happen then...