Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Holger Flörke <fl...@doctronic.de> on 2000/12/13 11:01:37 UTC

Problems building Xalan-C on RedHat7

I would like to rebuild Xalan-C (Xalan-C_1_0-linux.tar.gz from
xml.apache,org) on my RedHat7 machine. They use a new gcc:
 > Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/specs
 > gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.0)

Running './runConfigure -p linux' is ok.
Running 'make'
 > cpp0: Invalid option -instances=static
I do not know the exactly meaning of this option. An amateur question: Can
I savely remove it?

Editing Makefile and removing '-instances=static'
Running 'make'
 > In file included from XSLT/ElemApplyTemplates.cpp:68:
 > XSLT/StylesheetRoot.hpp: In method `void
 > StylesheetRoot::getNodeSetByKey (XalanNode *, const XalanDOMString &,
 > const XalanDOMString &, const PrefixResolver &, MutableNodeRefList &,
 > StylesheetExecutionContext &, map<const XalanNode *, KeyTable *,
 > less<const XalanNode *>, allocator<KeyTable *> > &) const':
 > XPath/PrefixResolver.hpp:76: `class PrefixResolver' is inaccessible
 > XSLT/StylesheetRoot.hpp:440: within this context
Mmmh, I am familiar with C++, but I can not explain why gcc is complaining.

Did anyone compile Xalan-C on RedHat7? Is this a problem related to Xalan
or related to gcc?

tia

HolgeR

--
holger floerke                      d  o  c  t  r  o  n  i  c
email floerke@doctronic.de          information publishing + retrieval