Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by Vijay Kumar Rani <rv...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/27 11:34:20 UTC

adding navigation properties in latest snapshot

Hi,

I am able to create an entity , update an entity and able to update
navigation properties.

is existing snapshot supporting create navigation properties?

Vijay

Re: adding navigation properties in latest snapshot

Posted by Ramesh Reddy <ra...@redhat.com>.
Is this in V4?

There are two scenarios here (both are belong under create entity)

1) creating the links for the navigation properties for a given entity
2) creating the navigation entities (also called deep insert) as part create of a entity

for (1) per spec the request to create entity comes in with "@odata.bind" property with data references to the navigation to create. so can handle this already. As per (2), the request will make into your Processor interface as create entity, however I am not sure if there is enough details in de-serialization code to parse the payload. I would stick with (1) for simplicity.

See http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.0/errata02/os/complete/part1-protocol/odata-v4.0-errata02-os-part1-protocol-complete.html#_Toc406398328

Ramesh..