Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Bryan Ellis <er...@apache.org> on 2019/01/18 05:57:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] Cordova-iOS Release

Does anyone have any reason to delay a cordova-ios platform release?
Any outstanding patches to land?

If not, I will start the release process shortly.

Re: [DISCUSS] Cordova-iOS Release

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Darryl for the quick response. I would definitely agree not to
delay the release.

Posted by Darryl Pogue <dv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
I was hoping for explicit confirmation that this issue is resolved:

> > I don't think we should release cordova-ios until automatic
> > provisioning/code signing works in Xcode 10 with the modern build
> > system. We've spent the past 2 years trying to encourage people to
> > move their projects to use automatic signing instead of specifying
> > provisioning profiles UUIDs everywhere, and now we'd be leaving all
> > those people with broken builds (including me at my job).

I do see that cordova-ios PRs 489 & 508 have been merged, don't know
if it solved the problem or not. I would love to see this confirmed by
Darryl.

I can see that you did already ask for confirmation last week, sorry
for the lack of response.

Re: [DISCUSS] Cordova-iOS Release

Posted by Bryan Ellis <er...@apache.org>.
Now that the iOS platform has the following PRs merged into master,

- https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/pull/489
- https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/pull/508

I would like to get a status update.

As of current master (Feb 1st 2019), is there any additional blockers?
Can this platform be released?

Posted by Darryl Pogue <dv...@gmail.com>.