Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/19 21:32:39 UTC

[VOTE] 10.16.1.1 release

Please test-drive the 10.16.1.1 candidate, then vote on whether to
accept it as a Derby release. The candidate lives at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/db/derby/db-derby-10.16.1.1/

The polls close at 5:00 pm California time on Thursday June 2.

10.16.1.1 is a feature release, described in greater detail here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DERBY/DerbyTenSixteenOneRelease

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: [VOTE] 10.16.1.1 release

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for putting together the 10.16 release, Rick.

I vote +1.

I successfully used the 10.16.1.1 release with OpenJDK 17 on Ubuntu 18,
and with Oracle JDK 17 on Windows 10. On both platforms I also verified
that attempting to use the 10.16.1.1 release with older versions of Java,
including Java 8, Java 9, and Java 11,  resulted in the expected
"wrong class file version" messages. I ran a number of small tests,
including the jdbcapi suite, without any problems. I recorded the details
in the 10.16 wiki pages in our Confluence.

The only tiny question I had was with
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/branches/10.16/BUILDING.html?view=co
which contains the line "You need to install a Java 9 JDK".

I have no other feedback.

bryan

Re: [VOTE] 10.16.1.1 release

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com>.
Bryan and Dag found additional flaws in this release candidate. I have
corrected those flaws on the trunk and in the 10.16 branch. I agree with
Bryan and Dag that these problems should not flunk the vote.

No product problems surfaced in the platform tests recorded at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DERBY/TenSixteenOnePlatformTesting

Adequate sanity checks were recorded at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DERBY/TenSixteenChecklist

+1

Re: [External] : [VOTE] 10.16.1.1 release

Posted by Dag Wanvik <da...@oracle.com>.
+1

Dag

Fwd: [VOTE] 10.16.1.1 release