Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Bosco Tsang <ts...@ipoline.com> on 1997/07/02 23:00:03 UTC

config/821: Virtual Hosts index.html not found

>Number:         821
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Virtual Hosts index.html not found
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When I browse the virtual name, it will return the directory listing instead
of the actual web page. When I click on the file index.html, it reports that
the file not found. For other html files, it can display without problem. I
have tried many adjustment in httpd.conf file and use different ports, but
all won't work. I have searched thru all FAQ and Apache resources without any
solution. I've also read from the newsgroups that a number of other webadm
using Apache also have the same problem but none get any respond on a fix.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try http://www.amcallpaging.com:8080.

Port 8080 is a must as we are still running a NCSA httpd under Port 80 before
we can use Apache without any virtual host problem.
>Fix:
No, and no one in the related newsgroups seems have any solution