Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/11 12:36:02 UTC

Historical data from Ditto

Hi Iotdb developers,

First short introduction: I met Julian Feinhauer and saw the talk about
Apache IoTDB and then the following question came up: How can Apache IoTDB
support the Histical data from Eclipse Ditto?

This issue has been raised on Eclipse Ditto code repository:
https://github.com/eclipse/ditto/issues/545 and i was wondering if there
are plans to support this. As one of the developers already mentioned IoTDB
as potential solution it would be awesome if IoTDB would provide a way to
safe Historical Data of Ditto.

Additionally
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56993884/how-to-get-historical-sensor-data-of-a-registered-hono-device
Bosch IoT Suite seems to have an own way to safe historical data.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Kind regards
Lukas

Re: Historical data from Ditto

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Thanks for the very detailed analysis Xiangdong!
Indeed a full and proper integration may be hard, but one could start with smaller steps and e.g. leave out the access management yet.
Ditto even supports Access Management on each single point.

I also wanted to share the github issue with you that the ditto community is using to discuss that point: https://github.com/eclipse/ditto/issues/545

Julian

Am 11.01.20, 17:03 schrieb "Xiangdong Huang" <sa...@gmail.com>:

    Hi,

    I have quickly read the document of Ditto.
    In my understanding, Ditto allow consume data from kafka or MQTT server to
    get the latest status of a Things (or, a device), and provides API to let
    users know the latest value of a device's feature (measurement concept in
    IoTDB).

    I think it is easy to persist the data into IoTDB meanwhile. But if we want
    to provide high write performance (e.g., more than 10 million data points
    per second), we may need to use batch_write api, which is a little complex.

    Another thing that need to be discussed is that as ditto does not have api
    for query historical data. we have to design and add one.

    The third is, it sounds that Ditto does not require K8s and Keycloak
    Authentication.
    I quickly searched Keycloak and find it is a solution for Identity and
    Access Management. Hmm... IoTDB has a user/role management module, but does
    not support Keycloak...
    I think currently the community lacks committers to develop this
    feature..... But we can create an issue about that, and maybe some familiar
    guys can do it.

    Best,
    -----------------------------------
    Xiangdong Huang