Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Archon810 <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/04 02:17:09 UTC

Solr, JNDI config, dataDir, and solr home problem

Here's my problem.

I'm trying to follow a multi Solr setup, straight from the Solr wiki -
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat#head-024d7e11209030f1dbcac9974e55106abae837ac.

Here's the relevant code:
&lt;Context docBase="/some/path/solr.war" debug="0" crossContext="true" &gt;
   &lt;Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String"
value="/some/path/solr1home" override="true" /&gt;
&lt;/Context&gt;

Now I want to set the Solr &lt;dataDir&gt; in solrconfig.xml, relative to
the solr home property. The instructions
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml#head-e8fbf2d748d90c5900aac712d0e3385ced5bd128
say &lt;dataDir&gt; is used to specify an alternate directory to hold all
index data other than the default ./data under the Solr home. If replication
is in use, this should match the replication configuration. If this
directory is not absolute, then it is relative to the current working
directory of the servlet container.

However, no matter how I try to set the dataDir property, solr home is not
being found. For example,
  &lt;dataDir&gt;${solr.home}/datarrrr&lt;/dataDir&gt;

What's even more confusing are these INFO notices in the log:
INFO: No /solr/home in JNDI
Sep 3, 2009 4:33:26 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader
locateSolrHome
INFO: solr home defaulted to 'solr/' (could not find system property or
JNDI)

The JNDI instructions instruct to specify "solr/home", the log complains
about "/solr/home" (extra slash), the solrconfig.xml file seems to expect
${solr.home} - how more confusing can it get?

This person is having the same issue:
http://mysolr.com/tips/setting-solr-home-solrhome-in-jndi-on-tomcat-55/

So, how does one refer to solr home from solrconfig.xml in a JNDI
configuration scenario? Also, is there a way to debug/see variables that are
defined in a specific context, such as solrconfig.xml? I feel like I'm
completely blind here.

Thank you!

Re: Solr, JNDI config, dataDir, and solr home problem

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
I have raised an issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1414

Posted by Archon810 <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.