Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2001/02/21 11:58:45 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Site update for RPMs

This is an expurged message from one sent to tomcat-dev list

Could we change reference to projects in
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.html.

Some points to xxx/bin :

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.2/bin/
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.1/bin/

Some points to xxx :
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ecs/release/v1.4.1/
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0-b1/

For source at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.html
all points to xxx/src !-)

RPMS users are a special case since they could search SOURCE
RPMs (parano rebuilders like me) or BINARY RPMs (confidents)

All RPM are in xxx/rpms ie:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.1/rpms/

In Download there is a reference to Binaries and Sources. Could I
add a reference to RPMS ?

I could maintain the updated http://jakarta.apache.org/site/rpmindex.html
(rpmindex.xml).

Thanks for reply since it will help reduce noise on some lists about
RPM packages, or missing binaries (ie mod_jk is garbled on my syss....)

Thanks

Re: [PROPOSAL] Site update for RPMs

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2/21/01 2:58 AM, "GOMEZ Henri" <hg...@slib.fr> wrote:

> In Download there is a reference to Binaries and Sources. Could I
> add a reference to RPMS ?
>
> I could maintain the updated http://jakarta.apache.org/site/rpmindex.html
> (rpmindex.xml).

I don't know why we really need a proposal for this...go for it. Let me know
if you need me to add you to the cvs avail file for anything.

thanks,

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> && <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>