Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Li Li <fa...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/28 09:33:38 UTC

when it's safe to read map-reduce result?

I have a program that do some map-reduce job and then read the result
of the job.
I learned that hdfs is not strong consistent. when it's safe to read the result?
as long as output/_SUCCESS exist?

Re: when it's safe to read map-reduce result?

Posted by Hardik Pandya <sm...@gmail.com>.
if the job complets without any failures exitCode should be 0 and safe
to read the result
public class MyApp extends Configured implements Tool {

       public int run(String[] args) throws Exception {
         // Configuration processed by ToolRunner
         Configuration conf = getConf();

         // Create a JobConf using the processed conf
         JobConf job = new JobConf(conf, MyApp.class);

         // Process custom command-line options
         Path in = new Path(args[1]);
         Path out = new Path(args[2]);

         // Specify various job-specific parameters
         job.setJobName("my-app");
         job.setInputPath(in);
         job.setOutputPath(out);
         job.setMapperClass(MyMapper.class);
         job.setReducerClass(MyReducer.class);

         // Submit the job, then poll for progress until the job is complete
         JobClient.runJob(job);
         return 0;
       }

         // Let ToolRunner handle generic command-line options
         int res = ToolRunner.run(new Configuration(), new MyApp(), args);

         System.exit(res);
       }
     }

Posted by Hardik Pandya <sm...@gmail.com>.