Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martyn Hiemstra <ma...@awfs.nl> on 2005/03/04 14:02:19 UTC

Tomcat cant handel pressing F5 a couled of times

Hi All

I beleive I may have found a major flaw in Tomcat 4, 5.0 and 5.5

I have created a numerous amount of applications and deployed them.
After a page has loaded I press F5 5 times. This causes tomcat to CRASH!!!!
I have tried Tomcat 4, Tomcat 5, Tomcat 5.5 all with different java
versions. I have disabled all the filters in my application. Every
possible combination will crash tomcat if you perss F5 more than 5 times
fast. If you are running tomcat please try it and let me know if tomcat
crashes and with which version.

After looking for hours I found a filter that catches all the incoming
requests. Each request is put in a queue and the first and last request
is let through, the rest is thrown away. This seems to work.

Has anybody else got this problem?

Martyn

Re: Tomcat cant handel pressing F5 a couled of times

Posted by "Trond G. Ziarkowski" <tr...@gep-as.com>.
Hi,

I can press F5 until my finger goes sore, and still tomcat is running
smooth. Seems to me that you have a problem in your app.

Trond

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Sorry to inform you, but I think you have found a flaw in your app or
server. I have Tomcat 5.0.19 running on a Dual PII350 with 384M of ram.
MySQL is on the same box. Java 1.4.2 . Even if it is a page that is posting
data and doing a db query, I can do a F5 and enter as fast as I want to. On
a non post page I can also do it as fast as I like with no ill effects.
Responds fine every time.

Sounds like profiler time, or a good hard look at your code.

What error is in the logs?

Doug