Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Francis Conroy <fr...@switchdin.com> on 2022/01/19 00:05:22 UTC

strange Flink SQL parser error

I've been using flink 1.13.5 with the Flink CDC (2.1.1) postgres connector
and I'm having some trouble with my data formats. For some reason the
parser seems to be expecting TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE. Have I done
this correctly? I'll try to create a table with just a UTC timestamp from
literals and see if that works.
[image: image.png]
Same result for the basic case..
[image: image.png]
Is this expected? The documentation seems fairly clear that this should
work.

Thanks,
Francis

--
This email and any attachments are proprietary and confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any

Re: strange Flink SQL parser error

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
I think you can just use TIMESTAMP. TIMESTAMP type is a timestamp without
timezone, it is something similar to UTC.

[1]
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/dev/table/types/#timestamp

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi,