Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vdpyatkov <vl...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/12 12:10:07 UTC

Re: Can't stop Ignite instance using Ignition.stopAll() or Ignition.kill() until writeBehindFlushFrequency passed

Hello,
I can not reproduce the issue.
In my test case all data entries save immediately after call
Ignition.stopAll(true).
If you had have example, which demonstrate the behavior, can you please
provide source code?

Re: Can't stop Ignite instance using Ignition.stopAll() or Ignition.kill() until writeBehindFlushFrequency passed

Posted by zshamrock <al...@gmail.com>.
I will try to come with a simple example. But I am afraid that it could be
due to the dependencies and the setup for IT tests I use. Will share the
github example when it is ready with you.

Re: Can't stop Ignite instance using Ignition.stopAll() or Ignition.kill() until writeBehindFlushFrequency passed

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
I can't reproduce this either. GridCacheWriteBehindStore flushes all the data
immediately after stop process is initiated. Is it possible that it just
takes more time to flush the whole queue? With bigger timeout it's possible
that you collect more data.

It would be also great if you provide a small example (e.g., a GitHub
project) that reproduces the problem. Someone will take a look.

-Val

Re: Can't stop Ignite instance using Ignition.stopAll() or Ignition.kill() until writeBehindFlushFrequency passed

Posted by zshamrock <al...@gmail.com>.
It is just an application specific property, I pass it to configure the
application behavior at runtime, it just sets the write behind flush
frequency for the stats cache.

Re: Can't stop Ignite instance using Ignition.stopAll() or Ignition.kill() until writeBehindFlushFrequency passed

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
What is 'cache.stats.write.behind.flushFrequency.ms' system property? This
property is not defined in Ignite, do you have your own logic that uses it?

-Val

Re: Can't stop Ignite instance using Ignition.stopAll() or Ignition.kill() until writeBehindFlushFrequency passed

Posted by zshamrock <al...@gmail.com>.
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n4976/Ignite_Hanging.png>

And then it is hanging for about 5 minutes after each IT case.
Does the picture above help somehow?

How I can do a thread dump? I've tried to use jstack, although could not
find anything meaningful in the report it has produced.

Re: Can't stop Ignite instance using Ignition.stopAll() or Ignition.kill() until writeBehindFlushFrequency passed

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you take a thread dump of the process in this 'hanging' state and
attach in to the thread?

Re: Can't stop Ignite instance using Ignition.stopAll() or Ignition.kill() until writeBehindFlushFrequency passed

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
I do exactly what you say, but can not see any delay.
I try to reproduce in last Ignite version (1.5.0.final). Try this version,
if you use another.
Could you please provide example or configuration xml at least?

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 5:37 PM, zshamrock <al...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> They do indeed are saved immediately, the issue is that the ignite process
> is
> not stopping until writeBehindFlushFrequency elapsed after `kill` or
> `stopAll` call. So, in my case for that specific IT case I have to wait 5
> minutes before it completes, unless I overwrite the value of
> writeBehindFlushFrequency.

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Can't stop Ignite instance using Ignition.stopAll() or Ignition.kill() until writeBehindFlushFrequency passed