Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Dan Quaroni <q...@invoke.com> on 2015/01/06 23:08:31 UTC

SSL trouble with wildcards and certs in 4.4 beta1

This used to work in 4.3...  I've tried setting other HostNameVerifiers
(which seem to be all deprecated now in 4.4) but that also hasn't helped.
The Default verifier is rejecting a cert with a wilcard in it:

javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: Host name 'us8.api.mailchimp.com'
does not match the certificate subject provided by the peer (CN=*.
api.mailchimp.com, OU=Rocket Science Group, O=ROCKET SCIENCE GROUP,
L=Atlanta, ST=GA, C=US)

--

*Daniel Quaroni*
Principal Software Architect

Re: SSL trouble with wildcards and certs in 4.4 beta1

Posted by Dan Quaroni <q...@invoke.com>.
The problem doesn't reproduce with the trunk, so I suppose from my
perspective that's mission accomplished.

Thanks.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.