Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/04 20:29:54 UTC

Shindig Roadmap, was Re: work items for contributors

Should we create a roadmap page on the website (or Wiki). This roadmap
could contain some areas that need help, features and list of high
priority jiras, and we could point new contributors to this page.

Thoughts ?

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: Shindig Roadmap, was Re: work items for contributors

Posted by Neo Anderson <ne...@googlemail.com>.
Roadmap in [1] http://incubator.apache.org/cxf/roadmap.html is good.

Posted by Arun Kumar <ar...@gmail.com>.
Creating a roadmap is a good idea.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Kevin Brown <et...@google.com> wrote:
>  Would it be easier if I went through and changed the assignee for all open
>  issues that nobody is actively working on to nobody, so that volunteers
>  could more easily see what needs work?

+1, this would make much easier for people to identify what areas to work on.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
I don't really know, since I haven't tried the JIRA roadmap support stuff
yet. It seems to me that we'd at least get tracking on what's done and what
isn't. A static html file might make more sense as development stabilizes,
but right now things are moving so fast it'll become out of date rather
rapidly.

At present I consider any open JIRA issue to a reasonable starting point for
people looking to contribute. I'm focused almost entirely on the following
items as a part of my self-assigned code cleanup / refactoring task:

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-23
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-36
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-49
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-50
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-79
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-80
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-83

(it turns out that they all require the same solution...and a big ass patch
is on the way).

I'm also working regularly on bugs that are directly impacting production
sites, or important unimplemented features.

Paul seems to be focused on improving the js reference implementations and
supporting some unimplemented features.

I believe John H is working on this:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-109

And I know Cassie is working on various opensocial-0.7 feature stuff

Beyond that, though, it's hard to say.

--
~Kevin

Re: Shindig Roadmap, was Re: work items for contributors

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

--
~Kevin