Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2004/01/03 14:17:48 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] rewrite: RewriteMap prg: doesn't support full query string

* Pekka Savola <pe...@netcore.fi> wrote:

> RewriteRule (%{QUERY_STRING}) ${test-program:$1}
>
> instead of:
>
> RewriteRule ^(.*) ${test-program:$1}

(the ^ is superfluous)

RewriteRule (.*) ${test-program:$1?%{QUERY_STRING}}

> .. but the former doesn't work at all.  In fact, it never executes
> test-program in the first place, as there is no debug line of that,
> like:

yeah. RewriteRule match the path only. You have to pass the query string to
the *map* like above. I hope, it's clear now.

nd

Re: [users@httpd] rewrite: RewriteMap prg: doesn't support full query string

Posted by Pekka Savola <pe...@netcore.fi>.
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, [ISO-8859-15] André Malo wrote:
> RewriteRule (.*) ${test-program:$1?%{QUERY_STRING}}
>
> > .. but the former doesn't work at all.  In fact, it never executes
> > test-program in the first place, as there is no debug line of that,
> > like:
>
> yeah. RewriteRule match the path only. You have to pass the query string to
> the *map* like above. I hope, it's clear now.

Yes -- thanks for the clarification.  I had already figured out a
worse way to do this, but this is much better.  Thanks.