Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Kjellman <kj...@apple.com> on 2018/02/27 22:58:37 UTC

Fwd: Action Required: We are sunsetting CircleCI 1.0 on August 31, 2018

FYI: we're already fully on circleci 2.0 for the 3.0, 3.11, and trunk branches so no action required for us here!

best,
kjellman

Begin forwarded message:

From: The CircleCI Team <no...@circleci.com>>
Subject: Action Required: We are sunsetting CircleCI 1.0 on August 31, 2018
Date: February 27, 2018 at 2:44:01 PM PST
To: mkjellman@internalcircle.com<ma...@internalcircle.com>

Dear customer,

We wanted to let you know that we are planning on sunsetting CircleCI 1.0 on August 31st, 2018. Our goal as a company for 2018 is to invest in delivering more features and better performance on CircleCI 2.0, which unlocks faster builds and greater control. For more information, you can read our blog post<http://go.circleci.com/Mk0H040mZ0a12006G0UM052> on sunsetting CircleCI 1.0.

You’ll need to update all of your config files to the CircleCI 2.0 syntax in order to migrate your projects to CircleCI 2.0 over the next 6 months.

If all of your projects are already on 2.0, congratulations! No action is necessary. We are sending this announcement to all active users to make sure you have all of the information you need. Take a look at your builds dashboard<http://go.circleci.com/ra060H200M7GmkZ1U004020> to see if your projects are still building on CircleCI 1.0:

[https://www2.circleci.com/rs/485-ZMH-626/images/CircleCI%20Version%20Number.png]

These resources will help you get migrate your projects from 1.0 to 2.0:

Config.yml translator.<http://go.circleci.com/ZMkaU0182000040m720GHZ0><http://go.circleci.com/ZMkaU0182000040m720GHZ0> Note: This will generate a baseline config.yml file that you can adjust to fit your needs.
1.0 to 2.0 migration documentation.<http://go.circleci.com/X2G0U9M0k000H0am4021Z80>
Language-specific 2.0 tutorials.<http://go.circleci.com/Q00H0mM0Z92G40k1200aaU0>

We will be sending you email reminders periodically with additional resources and links as they become available to help with your migration plan. We will also be updating this page<http://go.circleci.com/ga0makG04201MH02Z000b0U> with information relevant to sunsetting CircleCI 1.0. If you need additional migration assistance, open a support request<http://go.circleci.com/R00Gam1M420020U0ZbH0ck0> and our support team will be in touch.

Cheers,

The CircleCI Team

Re: Action Required: We are sunsetting CircleCI 1.0 on August 31, 2018

Posted by Michael Kjellman <mk...@internalcircle.com>.
2.2: yes
2.1: no.

i don't think it's worth the effort to get it working on 2.1 at this point -- and i hope we've fully moved on from 2.1 by August 31, 2018 ;)

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.