Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2013/03/31 18:24:03 UTC

identi.ca of AOO

Hi

The social networking identi.ca of ApacheOO [1] is inactive, ten months without send.

1 - identi.ca/apacheoo

Can integrate identi.ca > twitter

Albino

Re: identi.ca of AOO

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> Rob Weir wrote:
>
>  On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>
>>> 3) Aggregate an RSS feed like https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/**
>>> feed/entries/rss <https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/feed/entries/rss>
>>> to Identi.ca; at least this will result in a constant stream of content
>>> with
>>> minimal maintenance. Again, it would rely on the "mirroring" feature of
>>> Identi.ca to work properly.
>>>
>> That doesn't work either due to errors on the Identica side.
>>

> If I get access to the Identi.ca account, I can, occasionally, post links
> to some official blog posts there, to keep some activity in the account
> (only active accounts will be migrated, apparently) and avoid that it is
> squatted. Then, when Identi.ca solves their technical problems, the best
> solution will be to setup Twitter mirroring.

OK.  I changed the account's email address to your Apache address.  Once
you confirm you should be able to request a password reset and take it from
there.

-Rob

Re: identi.ca of AOO

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: identi.ca of AOO

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@yahoo.com>.
> De: Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>

> Enviadas: Domingo, 31 de Março de 2013 21:50
>
> It sounds like they are moving to a new platform.  Maybe we look at
> this again then.

Yeah ! Is migration for pump.io, read the new note:

https://e14n.com/evan/note/CuaONBbwQcyenRzC93R6Mw

Albino

Re: identi.ca of AOO

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 31/03/2013 Albino Biasutti Neto wrote:
>>
>> The social networking identi.ca of ApacheOO [1] is inactive, ten months
>> without send.
>> 1 - identi.ca/apacheoo
>> Can integrate identi.ca>  twitter
>

> There are three options here (assuming we don't want to keep the Twitter and
> Identi.ca channels separate, which is clearly not working):
>
> 1) Post on Identi.ca and setup automatic replication to Twitter (works, but
> imposes a burden on who is managing Twitter now)

Note that on identica we have only 33 followers. On Twitter we have
1184.  And we also have Twitter accounts that feature other languages,
like Spanish.  We also have good engagement with users on Twitter.  So
our primary microblogging service is Twitter.  I don't think 33
followers on identica is a good reason to change how we do things.

> 2) Aggregate content from Twitter to Identi.ca. There is a "mirroring"
> option in the Identi.ca settings, but I don't know if it still works after
> the recent API changes on Twitter. If it doesn't, maybe it can be solved by
> creating an app with the Twitter account.

This is not working.  Twitter has deprecated the RSS feeds and
Identica has not added support for the new JSON feeds.

> 3) Aggregate an RSS feed like https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/feed/entries/rss
> to Identi.ca; at least this will result in a constant stream of content with
> minimal maintenance. Again, it would rely on the "mirroring" feature of
> Identi.ca to work properly.

That doesn't work either due to errors on the Identica side.

Also, it appears that Identica is not even accepting new users registrations:

http://status.net/2013/03/26/no-more-new-registrations-on-identi-ca

Re: identi.ca of AOO

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 31/03/2013 Albino Biasutti Neto wrote:
> The social networking identi.ca of ApacheOO [1] is inactive, ten months without send.
> 1 - identi.ca/apacheoo
> Can integrate identi.ca>  twitter

There are three options here (assuming we don't want to keep the Twitter
and Identi.ca channels separate, which is clearly not working):

1) Post on Identi.ca and setup automatic replication to Twitter (works,
but imposes a burden on who is managing Twitter now)

2) Aggregate content from Twitter to Identi.ca. There is a "mirroring"
option in the Identi.ca settings, but I don't know if it still works
after the recent API changes on Twitter. If it doesn't, maybe it can be
solved by creating an app with the Twitter account.

3) Aggregate an RSS feed like