Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2022/01/05 21:22:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release guacamole-client POM artifact from 1.4.0 build

Hello all,

The guacamole-client build leverages a parent project for
guacamole-common, etc. as of 1.4.0, however the parent pom.xml was not
uploaded to Maven Central. As a result, any downstream usage of the
1.4.0 versions of the various libraries within guacamole-client will
fail to build.

As it was not explicitly included in the 1.4.0 release VOTE, and this
will be the first time we release the parent pom as a build artifact,
having a quick VOTE to recheck and explicitly decide whether to do so
seems prudent.

The missing Maven artifact containing the guacamole-client 1.4.0
pom.xml has been uploaded to the following staging repository:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheguacamole-1014/

There are no source tags, dist uploads, etc. to check for the above.
This is simply an upload of the pom.xml from the guacamole-client
1.4.0 source as already tagged and released.

Please review and vote:

[ ] +1 Approve uploading the guacamole-client 1.4.0 pom.xml as part of
the existing 1.4.0 release
[ ] -1 Don't approve uploading the pom.xml as described (please
provide specific comments)

Here is my +1.

Thanks,

- Mike

Re: [VOTE] Release guacamole-client POM artifact from 1.4.0 build

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
+1

-Nick

Posted by carl harris <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release guacamole-client POM artifact from 1.4.0 build

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 1:22 PM Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The guacamole-client build leverages a parent project for
> guacamole-common, etc. as of 1.4.0, however the parent pom.xml was not
> uploaded to Maven Central. As a result, any downstream usage of the
> 1.4.0 versions of the various libraries within guacamole-client will
> fail to build.
>
> As it was not explicitly included in the 1.4.0 release VOTE, and this
> will be the first time we release the parent pom as a build artifact,
> having a quick VOTE to recheck and explicitly decide whether to do so
> seems prudent.
>
> The missing Maven artifact containing the guacamole-client 1.4.0
> pom.xml has been uploaded to the following staging repository:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheguacamole-1014/
>
> There are no source tags, dist uploads, etc. to check for the above.
> This is simply an upload of the pom.xml from the guacamole-client
> 1.4.0 source as already tagged and released.
>
> Please review and vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve uploading the guacamole-client 1.4.0 pom.xml as part of
> the existing 1.4.0 release
> [ ] -1 Don't approve uploading the pom.xml as described (please
> provide specific comments)

The VOTE to upload the missing guacamole-client 1.4.0 pom.xml artifact
to Maven Central now closed. With a total of +3 binding votes from the
PMC, +1 from the community, and NO -1 votes, the VOTE passes. Overall
vote breakdown is as follows:

+1 Michael Jumper (binding)
+1 Carl Harris (binding)
+1 Nick Couchman (binding)
+1 Michele Sonnessa

Thanks to everyone who voted. I'll move forward with pushing the
relevant artifact.

Posted by Michele Sonnessa <so...@gmail.com>.
+1