Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Antony Awaida <an...@apporto.com> on 2017/02/09 00:12:34 UTC

LDAP auth and Screen sharing

HI everyone:

We are planning to implement Guac and use LDAP authentication and SFTP for
file transfers. We also plan to Associate LDAP with a database (MySQL). A
couple of questions

1- An important requirement for us is to enable users to share screens. It
sounds like we would need to create a corresponding record for each LDAP
user in MySQL to enable a user to access their. Screen sharing URL. Am I
understanding this correctly?

2- Are all the usual records available in the DB even with LDAP
authentication (Active sessions, History, Users, Connections etc..)

Thanks.

Oh and BTW, the Guac documentation is first class! It is just that I am
still a newb at this ;)

Thanks,

Antony
ᐧ

Re: LDAP auth and Screen sharing

Posted by Paul Cantle <pa...@cantle.me>.
?Hi,

I can't really be 100% on point 1 because I haven't used the screen share function, but I expect it will work fine. The concept of "creating a corresponding record for each LDAP in MySQL" isn't quite correct though.

When you configure the LDAP settings in the quacmole.properties file, you will select a Search Base DN. From there, all users that appear from that point in your directory structure will be available in Guacamole (once you've given them permission to do/view whatever)

Regarding point 2. Yes, definitely. All the records are shown with LDAP users.

Rgds

Paul

[https://mailfoogae.appspot.com/t?sender=aYW50b255QGFwcG9ydG8uY29t&type=zerocontent&guid=8d5d8a7c-e97a-4b62-9836-e1fea0319edd]?