Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> on 2011/08/01 00:42:23 UTC

[VOTE][RESULT] Accept ODF Toolkit for Incubation

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> As the discussions on the ODF Toolkit threads seem to be winding down,
> I would like to initiate the vote to accept the ODF Toolkit as an
> Apache Incubator project.
>
> This vote will close 72 hours from now.

Voting is now closed.  Quorum was achieved, and the vote passes.
Voting results:

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sam,

not that it is very important and would change anything but i have voted as
well ;-)

Juergen

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 9 Aug 2011, Nick Burch wrote:
> we're now waiting on infra[1] to have the cycles to create the lists.

The lists have now been created for the ODF Toolkit podling

Anyone who's interested in the project should sign up to the user and dev
lists. These are odf-users@incubator.apache.org and
odf-dev@incubator.apache.org

If you'd like to subscribe, sent two emails, one to each of:
   odf-users-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
   odf-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org

More details on the lists, and their archives will be available (shortly)
at:
    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-odf-users/
    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-odf-dev/

For those listed on the initial committers list at
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/odftoolkit.html (and no-one else,
sorry), you should also subscribe to the private list. You may wish to
subscribe from your @apache.org email address, so it's easier for the
moderators to check you should be on there. The subscription address fro
that is odf-private-subscribe@incubator.apache.org, but again that's for
the initial committers and mentors only

I'd suggest we give it a day or two for everyone to subscribe, then we can
kick off a discussion on the dev list about migrating the code, website,
wiki, issues etc, as well as the process of advising existing mailing list
subscribers on the move to Apache lists.

Nick

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Accept ODF Toolkit for Incubation

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Dave Fisher wrote:
> If you have been waiting for three volunteers before moving forward then
> I'll raise my hand as well.

Thanks for the offer. We did hit the required number of moderators last
week, we're now waiting on infra[1] to have the cycles to create the
lists. Once that's done we can get the ball rolling on code, website, wiki
etc imports. In the mean time, we're working on getting accounts for
everyone on the proposal who didn't already have them (2 down, 1 to go!)

Cheers
Nick

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Accept ODF Toolkit for Incubation

Posted by Ying Chun Guo <gu...@cn.ibm.com>.
Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> 写于 08/10/2011 08:58:23 PM:

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Mentor

> -Rob

I made a mistake. I thought it was moderator that we need.

Posted by Biao Han <ha...@cn.ibm.com>.
Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote on 2011-08-11 01:18:30:

> From: Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>
> To: "general@incubator.apache.org" <ge...@incubator.apache.org>
> Date: 2011-08-11 01:19
> Subject: Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Accept ODF Toolkit for Incubation
>
> I am a historical contributor to the toolkit: if you need something,
> feel free to tag me.

Thanks! Welcome to join us. More work will start after mail list is ready.
Our website: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/odftoolkit.html

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ying Chun Guo <gu...@cn.ibm.com>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick...

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
> HI Nick,
>
> If you have been waiting for three volunteers before moving forward then I'll raise my hand as well.
>
> I'm looking forward to working with Yegor and you as mentors. I hope you won't be waiting for me to walk my bike up the headlands while you look at the Golden Gate!
>
> :-D
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Aug 1, 2011, at 5:50 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> Great. I've gone ahead and added the podling status page:
>>>    http://incubator.apache.org/projects/odftoolkit.html
>>> (may take an hour or two for the site publish to go live though)
>>>

>> Thanks!
>>

>>> Next step is probably to get the lists setup, so we can use them to discuss
>>> importing the code, website etc.
>>>
>>> Can I have a couple of volunteers to be moderators for the lists? (List
>>> moderators review emails from non members, and approve if appropriate or
>>> discard if spam). Once we've a few volunteers, I can ask infra to create the
>>> lists
>>>

>> I can moderate as well.
>>

>>> I'll contact people needing iCLAs shortly
>>>
>>> Nick

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
- Blog: http://tadabborat.blogspot.com
----
- Albert Einstein

than your best."

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."
- Steve Jobs

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Accept ODF Toolkit for Incubation

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
HI Nick,

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 12:05 +0100, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2011, Sam Ruby wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> >> As the discussions on the ODF Toolkit threads seem to be winding down,
> >> I would like to initiate the vote to accept the ODF Toolkit as an
> >> Apache Incubator project.
> >>
> >> This vote will close 72 hours from now.
> >
> > Voting is now closed.  Quorum was achieved, and the vote passes.
>
> Great. I've gone ahead and added the podling status page:
>      http://incubator.apache.org/projects/odftoolkit.html
> (may take an hour or two for the site publish to go live though)

Hi Nick,

> Next step is probably to get the lists setup, so we can use them to
> discuss importing the code, website etc.
>
> Can I have a couple of volunteers to be moderators for the lists?

Raising hand.

I'd be happy to help on that.

Best wishes,

//drew

<snip>

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Accept ODF Toolkit for Incubation

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.