Posted to users@sling.apache.org by anjan <po...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/06 10:20:03 UTC

Jetty server gives 404 error after startup

Hi, I am working with Sling standalone jar file and sometimes Jetty gives 404
error for all the requests after startup.

I saw the below thread  [1]
<http://apache-sling.73963.n3.nabble.com/Sling-sometimes-return-404-on-all-requests-after-startup-td1992032.html>
and wondering if this issue still persists.

Please note that we are observing this issue mainly in Windows based
systems.  On Linux this doesn't seem to be a problem.  Any pointers?

Re: Jetty server gives 404 error after startup

Posted by anjan <po...@gmail.com>.
After doing mvn clean install, only one jar file is included now in the
standalone jar file.  Hopefully, this should resolve the issue.  Thanks.

Re: Jetty server gives 404 error after startup

Posted by anjan <po...@gmail.com>.
I see something strange and may be what is causing the issue.  In the
standalone jar I created, I see the two jar files with different versions
(under Start Up level 1)

org.apache.felix.http.jetty-2.2.0.jar
org.apache.felix.http.jetty-2.2.1.jar

Not sure, what caused Maven to bundle two different versions.

Re: Jetty server gives 404 error after startup

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM, anjan <po...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Build #1676 (May 30, 2013 12:10:42 AM)
> Revision: 1487628

Ok, if you're seeing the problem described at [1] please create a jira
issue, ideally with a scenario that allows us to reproduce the
problem.

In [1] Vidar analysed the problem as follows: "...I see that
o.a.felix.http.jetty.internal.JettyService  is started, the thread's
run method is invoked, but then almost immediately interrupted from
the updated method..." if you could confirm if it's what's happening
in your case that would be perfect.

You might also try to upgrade to more recent build, I don't remember
myself seeing something like that fixed since May 30 but maybe we use
a more recent version of the jetty service since that time, I haven't
checked that.

-Bertrand

Posted by anjan <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand, here are the build details.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM, anjan <po...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am working with Sling standalone jar file and sometimes Jetty gives 404
> error for all the requests after startup....

Which version, build from trunk or a released version? Those are
fairly old, see
http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/getting-and-building-sling.html
if needed.

> I saw the below thread  [1]
> <http://apache-sling.73963.n3.nabble.com/Sling-sometimes-return-404-on-all-requests-after-startup-td1992032.html>
> and wondering if this issue still persists...

Not on recent versions at least, that thread is from 3 years ago.

-Bertrand