Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Brian McBride <br...@epimorphics.com> on 2019/10/05 08:12:14 UTC

build problem: jena-arq : example.com : Name or service not known

I am getting test failures when building jena-arq on the master branch
and also previous releases going way back.  So presumably something
wrong with my setup.

The test is trying to to access http://example.com:40000.

Please can anyone offer any guidance?

Build command: mvn clean package -Pdev

The errors are when build jena-arq

[[

[INFO] Running org.apache.jena.sparql.engine.TS_Engine
[ERROR] Tests run: 77, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
8.288 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.jena.sparql.engine.TS_Engine
[ERROR]
testNumericTimeout(org.apache.jena.sparql.engine.http.TestService) Time
elapsed: 0.089 s  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: Expected SocketException or
ConnectTimeoutException, instead got: java.net.UnknownHostException
example.com: Name or service not known
     at
org.apache.jena.sparql.engine.http.TestService.testNumericTimeout(TestService.java:79)

[ERROR]
testStringTimeout2(org.apache.jena.sparql.engine.http.TestService) Time
elapsed: 0.002 s  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: Expected SocketException or
ConnectTimeoutException, instead got: java.net.UnknownHostException
example.com
     at
org.apache.jena.sparql.engine.http.TestService.testStringTimeout2(TestService.java:134)

[ERROR]
testStringTimeout(org.apache.jena.sparql.engine.http.TestService) Time
elapsed: 0.002 s  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: Expected SocketException or
ConnectTimeoutException, instead got: java.net.UnknownHostException
example.com
     at
org.apache.jena.sparql.engine.http.TestService.testStringTimeout(TestService.java:107)

]]

Ubuntu 18.04

Maven: 3.6.0

Java 8

Brian McBride
brian.mcbride@epimorphics.com

Epimorphics Ltd www.epimorphics.com
Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT
Tel: 01275 399069

Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol
BS20 6PT, UK

Re: build problem: jena-arq : example.com : Name or service not known

Posted by Brian McBride <br...@epimorphics.com>.
Thanks Andy.  I should have known that.

Resolves fine from an AWS server but not from my laptop or my phone at
home which suggests a value add from my ISP.

Sigh

Brian

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.