Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2014/08/16 20:42:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Rat 0.11 (take 2)

Hi,

We solved 15 issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12324979&projectId=12310750

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecreadur-1001
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecreadur-1001/org/apache/rat/apache-rat/0.11/apache-rat-0.11-src.zip

Source release checksum:
apache-rat-0.11-src.zip sha1: 60289a32b2cc7c8dbc5024adffde95991e2640b9

Staging site:
http://creadur.staging.apache.org/rat/

Note: the downloads page is non-functional in the staging area,
because cgi is not allowed there. I have fixed the version numbers in
it this time around.

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/rat/tags/apache-rat-project-0.11/

Guide for testing releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Everyone is encouraged to vote, express their opinions and jump in if
they find anything wrong with the release. Only PMC votes are binding
on Apache, and for this candidate to become an official Apache
Software Foundation release 3 +1's are required and more +1's than
-1's.

This vote is open for at least 72 hours,

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Rat 0.11 (take 2)

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@aiki-it.de>.
Hi Sebb,

thanks for your input.

On 2014-08-21 01:53, sebb wrote:
> The vote e-mail should ideally include a link to the proposed release
> packages, i.e. the files that will be deployed to
<snip>
> The vote e-mail should really include a link to the KEYS file.
> I assume this is
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/creadur/KEYS
<snip>

Could you add this information to the website of 0.12?
Maybe we should have a new menu item 'committer/developer information'?

We could have a releaseVoteMailTemplate on the webpage usable during
release building.

Hopefully things can become more transparent after 0.11 is out.

Thanks,
Phil

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Rat 0.11 (take 2)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16 August 2014 19:42, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We solved 15 issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12324979&projectId=12310750
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecreadur-1001
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecreadur-1001/org/apache/rat/apache-rat/0.11/apache-rat-0.11-src.zip

The vote e-mail should ideally include a link to the proposed release
packages, i.e. the files that will be deployed to

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/creadur/

This can be done by using the dev area below:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/creadur/

It's not immediately obvious which of the files in Nexus are proposed
for the ASF mirror system  - i.e. the formal release area.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
+1 from me

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@aiki-it.de>.
Hi *,

Am 16.08.2014 um 20:42 schrieb Dennis Lundberg:
> Guide for testing releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Everyone is encouraged to vote, express their opinions and jump in if
> they find anything wrong with the release. Only PMC votes are binding
> on Apache, and for this candidate to become an official Apache
> Software Foundation release 3 +1's are required and more +1's than
> -1's.
>
> This vote is open for at least 72 hours,

-1

I've tested 0.11 on a pet project that fails with an NPE during report
generation :-(

I've checked my patch locally and rat:rat and rat:check go through.
Can anyone else verify that report generation and check itself work fine
as well?

In 0.12 we should generate our own reports during build and site
generation to catch these kind of errors
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-170)

RAT-158
I'd propose to add the JDK-related compiler warnings to the release
notes as known but not related to RAT:
Warning:  org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser: Property
'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/properties/entityExpansionLimit' is not
recognized.
Compiler-Warnungen:
  WARNING:  'org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl: Property
'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not
recognized.'
Warning:  org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Feature
'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/feature/secure-processing' is not recognized.
Warning:  org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Property
'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not
recognized.
Warning:  org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Property
'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/properties/entityExpansionLimit' is not
recognized.

Following
https://blogs.oracle.com/joew/entry/jdk_7u45_aws_issue_123
I don't really get why we are seeing that stuff with a current

@Dennis: thanks for your work, but we'll need another RC with the
patched mojo definition.

Cheers,
Phil

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Rat 0.11 (take 2)

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi,

We need one more pmc vote to get this release out the door.

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@aiki-it.de>.
Hi *,

sorry for the confusion:

+1

[...]