Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org> on 2004/05/31 20:59:45 UTC

lsd upgrade; downtime

Hi gang!

I'm planning to upgrade LSD to fedora core 2 (new 2.6 kernel, python
2.3, other goodies). Experience with my desktop box shows that this is
not something easily done using a clean upgrade, so the box will be
re-installed from scratch.

Not quite sure yet when the upgrade will take place exactly, but
probably somewhere this week, and I hope it will be finished between
gump runs.

In related news, no, I'm not quite dead yet, still tracking gump,
halfway through Mark's Dive Into Python, and halfway through installing
something called "eric3" which is supposed to be a good python ide.

cheers,

- LSD

Re: lsd upgrade; downtime

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "gumpy.py", line 323, in ?
>      raise RuntimeError('No such workspace at ' + str(workspacePath))
> RuntimeError: No such workspace at /data3/gump/gump/lsd.xml
>
> the file is indeed not there. No idea why not (reading e-mail backlog
> right now).

I think it comes down to whether hostname returns lsd or
lsd.student.utwente.nl. I think I once created both, 'cos I was too lazy to
figure out the right one. I think in some places I now explicitly ask for
fully qualified hostname. [Fully qualified, 'cos there are a few gump.*
machines around.]

regards,

Adam

Re: lsd upgrade; downtime

Posted by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
>>Oh, btw, I did this I think a week and a half ago. Since I don't see any
>>complaints, I'm assuming it went without a hitch.
>
> Complaints from the code or folk?
>
>     http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/

I heard neither! You've got several e-mails in your account on lsd. Today:

Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 02:00:02 +0200
From: root@lsd.student.utwente.nl (Cron Daemon)
To: ajack@lsd.student.utwente.nl
Subject: Cron <aj...@lsd> cd /data3/gump/gump; /bin/nice -n 15 /bin/bash
+/data3/gump/gump/gumpy.sh | /bin/mail -s 'LSD Gump' ajack@trysybase.com

Re: lsd upgrade; downtime

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> Oh, btw, I did this I think a week and a half ago. Since I don't see any
> complaints, I'm assuming it went without a hitch.

Complaints from the code or folk?

    http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/

Shows:

    Start Date/Time (UTC)Mon, 31 May 2004 00:04:03 (UTC)
    End Date/Time (UTC)Mon, 31 May 2004 08:40:15 (UTC)

I'm not complaining though. ;-)

regards

Adam

Re: lsd upgrade; downtime