Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by pradeep s <sr...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/03 08:53:01 UTC

Storm set java security properties

Hi,
I am having frequent timeouts from storm spout to AWS SQS calls and i was
recommended to put below java security properties for the application.
java.security.Security.setProperty("networkaddress.cache.ttl" , "5");
java.security.Security.setProperty("networkaddress.cache.negative.ttl" ,
"0");

Can you please suggest the best way to set these properties and how?
Can we set these from storm.yaml?
Regards
Pradeep S

Re: Storm set java security properties

Posted by Cody Lee <co...@wellaware.us>.
At least in Java 8 if you set the JVM arguments  -Djava.security.properties=<URI> this will append to the master security properties file. This file will override master security properties. If you use “==” instead of “=” the JVM will only use the one you specified. Note, this would be for every worker for that supervisor node, regardless of topology. If you want it just for the topology I believe you could just append this to the storm jar command (but make sure this file is either in your resources or on all supervisors before deploying) – I haven’t tested this myself though.

Cody