Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by michael j pan <mj...@pomsets.org> on 2010/03/22 04:26:17 UTC

pomsets: workflow management for your cloud

Apologies for the repost.  The previous message was sent from my
personal account and caused confusion for some people.
----

I'd like to invite the Hadoop community to check out the application
I've developed.  Its name is pomsets, and it as a workflow management
system for your cloud.  In short, it allows you to specify the jobs
you want to run, the dependencies between those jobs, and executes
them on your cloud (whether that cloud is a public or private cloud).
One of its features is its integration of Hadoop, so that you can run
your Hadoop jobs in your computational workflows alongside non-Hadoop
jobs.

http://pomsets.org

Thanks
Mike

Re: pomsets: workflow management for your cloud

Posted by michael j pan <mj...@pomsets.org>.
Hi Otis,

I have created a feature comparison page of pomsets vs. Azkaban here
http://www.pomsets.org/FeatureComparisons/Azkaban

Cheers
Mike

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.

The big one is license.  Azkaban is fully APL 2.0, pomsets is dual licensed (GPL for non-commercial, $$ for commercial).

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Mike,

Would you happen to have a page with information about how this is similar or different to something like Azkaban?

Thanks,
Otis
----

> Apologies for the repost.  The previous message was sent from
> my
personal account and caused confusion for some people.
----

I'd
> like to invite the Hadoop community to check out the application
I've
> developed.  Its name is pomsets, and it as a workflow management
system
> for your cloud.  In short, it allows you to specify the jobs
you want to
> run, the dependencies between those jobs, and executes
them on your cloud
> (whether that cloud is a public or private cloud).
One of its features is its
> integration of Hadoop, so that you can run
your Hadoop jobs in your
> computational workflows alongside non-Hadoop
jobs.

> href="http://pomsets.org" target=_blank
> >http://pomsets.org

Thanks