Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com> on 1996/01/05 20:39:58 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "Unable to restart server" on UnixWare (fwd)

Ack sent. I will look at this on the UnixWare version I have here.

jglazer@lansoft.com liltingly intones:
> From nobody@hyperreal.com Fri Jan  5 14:37:41 1996
> From: jglazer@lansoft.com
> To: chuck@wormhole.telebase.com
> Date: Fri Jan  5 11:33:07 1996
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Unable to restart server" on UnixWare
>
> Submitter: jglazer@lansoft.com
> Operating system: UnixWare, version:
> Extra Modules used:
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> I just installed 1.0.0 and it compiled flawlessly.
> One of the bugs I reported and hoped to see fixed
> is the inability to restart the server.  When I
> do a ps -HUP xxx on the parent process of the
> server, it seems to work but the server stops
> responding to queries.  Then when I try to do a
> ps -9 xxx on the process, all the parent IDs
> turn to "1" and I still cannot start another
> process.  Any ideas what might be causing this?
> Perhaps I am doing this wrong?  I am doing it to
> implement new options in the configuration
> files.
>
> Thanks for any help!
> Jon
>
> --
>
> Backtrace:

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
"The identical is equal to itself, since it is different."
		-- Franco Spisani