Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/26 21:09:20 UTC

Converting zk-merge-py to python3

Hi guys,
we have our great merge script that is written for python2 and it does
not work with python 3

any volunteer for converting it to python3 ?
in BookKeeper project we have both versions

AFAIK  python2 is EOL so maybe we can just have only python3 on master
 and leave the old version on git repo

Best regards
Enrico

Re: Converting zk-merge-py to python3

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Enrico,

This sounds like a good idea. I created ZOOKEEPER-3771 and also a PR[1].

It seems to verify the patch we need a committer to go through the codepath
:)

Best,
tison.

[1] https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1295