Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Waseem Bokhari <wa...@netsoltech.com> on 2011/01/27 09:30:15 UTC

Generate Emails through Subversion

I want to generate emails to specific recipients on Committing a particular
folders of Subversion.

PS: I am using Tortoise SVN and Need windows script for this.

Thanks in advance.

 Cheers!

cid:image001.jpg@01CA74D6.C3770120

Waseem Bokhari I Configurations and Release Management
NetSol Technologies (NasdaqCM: NTWK)
Tel: +92 42 111448800 Ext: 346 Mob: +92 321 4294926
 <ma...@netsoltech.com> waseem.bokharii@netsoltech.com
<http://www.netsoltech.com/> www.netsoltech.com

DISCLAIMER:  This e-mail and any file transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that
any dissemination, distribution or copy of this email or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by return email and destroy this email
message and its attachments.  This communication may contain forward-looking statements
relating to the development of NetSol Technologies' products and services and future operations.
The words "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "intend," variations of such words, and similar
expressions, identify forward looking statements, but their absence does not mean that the
statement is not forward-looking.  Views and opinions contained herein are those of the author of
this email and do not necessarily represent those of NetSol Technologies.  Statements contained
herein are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and
assumptions that are difficult to predict. The company will not undertake to update any statements
contained herein.

WARNING: The recipient should check this email and any attachment for the presence of viruses.
Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this
email, the company does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of
this email or attachment. Note: Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Re: Generate Emails through Subversion

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ul...@dominolaser.com>.
On Thursday 27 January 2011, Waseem Bokhari wrote:
> I want to generate emails to specific recipients on Committing a particular
> folders of Subversion.

There is already a hook script that you can use to send mails, all you need to
do is to look at the commit to determine whether the particular folder is
changed.

> PS: I am using Tortoise SVN and Need windows script for this.

The client type doesn't matter, since hook scripts run on the server. If you
have Windows Script available there depends on the server, but SVN doesn't
care what language the hook scripts are written in, as long as you can run
them as program.

BTW: TSVN does have client-side hook scripts, too, but I don't think those
would help you here. I'd take a look at them nonetheless.

Cheers!

Uli

Domino Laser GmbH, Fangdieckstraße 75a, 22547 Hamburg, Deutschland
Visit our website at <http://www.dominolaser.com/>
Diese E-Mail einschließlich sämtlicher Anhänge ist nur für den Adressaten bestimmt und kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie den Absender umgehend, falls Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfänger sein sollten. Die E-Mail ist in diesem Fall zu löschen und darf weder gelesen, weitergeleitet, veröffentlicht oder anderweitig benutzt werden.
E-Mails können durch Dritte gelesen werden und Viren sowie nichtautorisierte Änderungen enthalten. Domino Laser GmbH ist für diese Folgen nicht verantwortlich.

Re: Generate Emails through Subversion

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jan 27, 2011, at 06:32, Waseem Bokhari wrote:

> I have used this link:
>
> http://blog.pengoworks.com/index.cfm/2008/2/5/SVN-postcommit-for-Windows
>
> Post-Commit Hook
>
> When I commit any file after putting all credentials in hook script. It
> prompts me a message.
>

> post-commit hook failed (exit code 1) with output:
> Error validating server certificate for 'https://scm002.netsolpk.com:8443':
> - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
>   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
> Certificate information:
> - Hostname: scm002.netsolpk.com
> - Valid: from Mon, 06 Sep 2010 01:49:33 GMT until Thu, 03 Sep 2020 01:49:33
> GMT
> - Issuer: scm002.netsolpk.com
> - Fingerprint: b2:04:5b:4b:76:1a:d3:f3:a5:15:59:16:16:58:49:57:fb:ab:9e:1a
> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? svn: OPTIONS of
> 'https://scm002.netsolpk.com:8443/svn/WSBokhari': Server certificate
> verification failed: issuer is not trusted
> (https://scm002.netsolpk.com:8443)
> Error validating server certificate for 'https://scm002.netsolpk.com:8443':
> - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
>   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
> Certificate information:
> - Hostname: scm002.netsolpk.com
> - Valid: from Mon, 06 Sep 2010 01:49:33 GMT until Thu, 03 Sep 2020 01:49:33
> GMT
> - Issuer: scm002.netsolpk.com
> - Fingerprint: b2:04:5b:4b:76:1a:d3:f3:a5:15:59:16:16:58:49:57:fb:ab:9e:1a
> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? svn: OPTIONS of
> 'https://scm002.netsolpk.com:8443/svn/WSBokhari': Server certificate
> verification failed: issuer is not trusted
> (https://scm002.netsolpk.com:8443)

I'm not familiar with that tutorial, but the above error messages indicate that your server is using an untrusted certificate. Either use a trusted certificate on your server, or instruct the svn client running on your server to accept the untrusted certificate. You'll have to do that once manually as whatever user the hook script is running as, that should save it in the correct config area for future use.

> 'sendEmail' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

Clearly, you don't have the program called sendEmail that the script is using. If you'll go back to the tutorial and take a look at the notes below the script, I think you'll find a link to where you can download it.

RE: Generate Emails through Subversion

Posted by Waseem Bokhari <wa...@netsoltech.com>.
I have used this link:

[...]

Please advice.

Thanks in advance

 Cheers!

waseem.bokhari@netsoltech.com   www.netsoltech.com

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ul...@dominolaser.com>.
On Thursday 27 January 2011, Waseem Bokhari wrote:
> I have Downloaded " SVN-Notify-2.80 " and Extract the Zip.. Now what to do
> with this ??
[...]
> README
  ^^^^^^

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
2011/1/27 Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>:
> Guten Tag Waseem Bokhari,
> am Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2011 um 14:36 schrieben Sie:
>
>> Please make sure that I am using Windows 2003 server as OS for Visual SVN
>> Server Admin Tool and Need Windows BAT Scripts accordingly.
>
> ActiveState Perl is a Perl distribution for Windows.

And all the BAT file will need to contain is "PATH\perl.exe script.pl
%1 %2 etc..."

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 4:58 AM, Ryan Schmidt
<su...@ryandesign.com> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2011, at 03:40, Waseem Bokhari wrote:
>
>> I have Downloaded " SVN-Notify-2.80 " and Extract the Zip.. Now what to do
>> with this ??
>
> SVN::Notify is a Perl module. You install it using CPAN.

If it's not built into your particular OS distribution, I'd suggest
you contact an upstream repository about adding it. I do that sort of
thing all the time for RedHat based operating systems, getting the
CPAN tools added to RPMForge.

Re: Generate Emails through Subversion

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Waseem Bokhari,
am Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2011 um 14:36 schrieben Sie:

> Please make sure that I am using Windows 2003 server as OS for Visual SVN
> Server Admin Tool and Need Windows BAT Scripts accordingly.

ActiveState Perl is a Perl distribution for Windows.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme - Hameln | Potsdam | Leipzig

Telefon: Potsdam: 0331-743881-0
E-Mail:  tschoening@am-soft.de
Web:     http://www.am-soft.de

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Konsumhof 1-5, 14482 Potsdam
Amtsgericht Potsdam HRB 21278 P, Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

RE: Generate Emails through Subversion

am Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2011 um 10:40 schrieben Sie:

> I have Downloaded " SVN-Notify-2.80 " and Extract the Zip.. Now what to do
> with this ??

Don't download it manually, use ActiveState Perl and ppm to get the
package or you have to build the package on your own.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Waseem Bokhari,

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jan 27, 2011, at 03:58, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2011, at 03:40, Waseem Bokhari wrote:
>
>> I have Downloaded " SVN-Notify-2.80 " and Extract the Zip.. Now what to do
>> with this ??
>
> SVN::Notify is a Perl module. You install it using CPAN.

Or you could build and install it manually. I think if you read the README file it will tell you how.

Re: Generate Emails through Subversion

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Waseem Bokhari <wa...@netsoltech.com>.
I have Downloaded " SVN-Notify-2.80 " and Extract the Zip.. Now what to do
with this ??

Bin (Folder)
Lib (Folder)
T (Folder)
Build.PL
Changes
Makefile.PL
MANIFEST
META.yml
README

 Cheers!

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Waseem Bokhari <wa...@netsoltech.com>.
I have an Idea that No matter whatever the Client is ....

Thanks to all

waseem.bokharii@netsoltech.com   www.netsoltech.com

On Jan 27, 2011, at 02:30, Waseem Bokhari wrote:

> I want to generate emails to specific recipients on Committing a
particular folders of Subversion.

Write a post-commit hook script, or better yet, use one of the several
existing scripts that have been written that do this.

> PS: I am using Tortoise SVN and Need windows script for this.

What client (e.g. TortoiseSVN) you use is irrelevant; this script would run
on the server.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.