Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/10/11 00:48:00 UTC

[m2] generate-sources plugins

Just wondering if anyone can recommend an approach for writing a
plugin that generates sources (in my case jaxb-xjc). In particular my
first thought was to generate the source right there in the source
tree, but this causes problems for the clean:clean goal that will
never delete them. I also think it would be dangerous to tinker with
the clean behavior to try to delete stuff outside of the target
directory.

My only other thought was to generate the sources directly in the
target directory (create if necessary) and add that to the compiler
sources.

Just to compound the problem further, jaxb-xjc generates a properties
file in with the sources (ie not resources) that would need to be
moved over to the target directory. I'm leaning towards making this
latter option fly, unless somebody can put forward a clean third way.

Thanks
AW

Re: [m2] generate-sources plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 10/11/05, Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> wrote:
> My only other thought was to generate the sources directly in the
> target directory (create if necessary) and add that to the compiler
> sources.

That's how we do it in all the other source gen plugins (antlr,
modello, clover).

You can also add a resource root in that directory to copy the properties files.

- Brett