Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Aaron Markham <aa...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/05 23:54:59 UTC

404 issues

I've been notified by several parties about 404s for files that are
now longer available on the site.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/9917

This page returns 404:
https://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/api/python/module.html

It was moved here:
https://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/api/python/module/module.html

There are many other examples of moved content. Some are temporarily
"fixed" via adding a meta-refresh tag in the html source for the old
pages. For example the meta tag is being used to redirect to faq, the
new location for the how_to docs.

It would seem a better solution for us is to use htaccess files and
publish persistent redirects for the new location(s) of content.

Do we have a way of pushing a config to the Apache infra to facilitate
this? I think we'd need config access if we're to put up some custom
404 pages too (which would be nicer than what we have now.)

Also, is there a good way to access the log files to get a better idea
of the 404 situation?

Cheers,
Aaron

Re: 404 issues

Posted by Hen <ba...@apache.org>.
Thanks John. I'll go ask some "I used to know this honest" questions on
HipChat tomorrow :)

Re: 404 issues

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: 404 issues