Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Hua Wang <10...@qq.com> on 2016/01/12 10:33:58 UTC

In which situation will the SQL of Kylin run on hive rather than running query on HBase?

I have a question about when will the SQL run on hive, rather than query on HBase?
In my test, if the SQL doesn't match any realizations, an exception will be thrown. Then what configuration need I set to be enable to run SQL on hive through Kylin?
thanks.

Hua Wang

Re: Re: In which situation will the SQL of Kylin run on hive rather than running query on HBase?

Posted by Hua Wang <10...@qq.com>.
Ok, I will check it. Thanks any more.

Hua Wang

From: ShaoFeng Shi
Date: 2016-01-12 21:38
To: dev
Subject: Re: In which situation will the SQL of Kylin run on hive rather than running query on HBase?
Check https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-742

I get this from Google; do a search before asking is a common practice.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi

Re: In which situation will the SQL of Kylin run on hive rather than running query on HBase?

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi

Re: Re: In which situation will the SQL of Kylin run on hive rather than running query on HBase?

Posted by Hua Wang <10...@qq.com>.
Hello Dong,
    Thanks.
    I found that if a NoRealizationFoundException is thrown, then the query will be routed to hive. In which condition will a NoRealizationFoundException be thrown? I found that most times, a table not found exception will be thrown out.

Hua Wang

From: Dong Li
Date: 2016-01-12 17:55
To: dev
Hello Hua,

To route query to hive if no cubes matched, you can set
kylin.route.hive.enabled=true in kylin.property. By default it's
false.

Thanks,
Dong Li

> I have a question about when will the SQL run on hive, rather than query
> on HBase?
> In my test, if the SQL doesn't match any realizations, an exception will
> be thrown. Then what configuration need I set to be enable to run SQL on
> hive through Kylin?
> thanks.
>

> Hua Wang

Dong

Re: In which situation will the SQL of Kylin run on hive rather than running query on HBase?

Posted by Dong Li <li...@apache.org>.
Hello Hua,

To route query to hive if no cubes matched, you can set
kylin.route.hive.enabled=true in kylin.property. By default it's
false.

Thanks,
Dong Li

> I have a question about when will the SQL run on hive, rather than query
> on HBase?
> In my test, if the SQL doesn't match any realizations, an exception will
> be thrown. Then what configuration need I set to be enable to run SQL on
> hive through Kylin?
> thanks.
>

> Hua Wang

Dong