Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh Ho <jo...@ecareme.com> on 2011/10/26 16:56:24 UTC

tomcat6-differences between setup version(.exe) and zip version

Dears
Setup version had installed on my windows2008 server and worked fine.
Now I wanna use zip version to replace it.
Otherwise I don't know if there are any differences between both.
I tried to compare both and found following differences.

   - setup version
      - installed as service in service manager.
      - shown an item in "programs and Features".
      - tomcat6w will be executed at startup.

Are there any other components will be installed when using setup version?
Please advice.
Thanks