Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Wannheden, Knut" <kn...@paranor.ch> on 2003/05/01 11:03:56 UTC

[jxpath] context with root and local object

Hi,

Is it be possible to create a JXPathContext which both has a root object and
a local context object?  Consider this document (or equivalent bean
structure):

<address-book>
 <entry name="foo">
  <phone-number type="home" number="123"/>
 </entry>
 <entry name="bar">
  <phone-number type="work" number="456"/>
  <phone-number type="cell" number="789"/>
 </entry>
</address-book>

Now I think it would be nice if I could create a JXPathContext with the root
element <address-book/> as root object and for instance <entry name="foo"/>
as local context object.  These paths would return all <entry/> elements:

//entry
/address-book/entry
../entry

And this relative path would return all <phone-number/> elements of the
local context object:

phone-number

Is this currently possible or doesn't it make any sense at all?

Cheers,

--
knut

Re: [jxpath] context with root and local object

Posted by Dmitri Plotnikov <dp...@yahoo.com>.
Knut,

If I understood your requirement correctly, then yes it is possible to
create a relative context.  See

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/users-guide.html#Relative%20Contexts

I hope this helps.

- Dmitri