Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/26 05:43:52 UTC

[Axis2] 1.2 RC1 end of the week?

Folks,

Could we do a 1.2 RC1 end of the week? What's missing?

thanks,
dims

Re: [Axis2] 1.2 RC1 end of the week?

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Dims;

Well only way is to achieve that goal is to implement that in metadata
module.  What I have used is Jeff suggested us to use. With that we will
not get the wsdl support.

Note : Even in simple annotation case now we are using metadata module
to solve the problem for us , once they are done with wsdl support we
have wsdl support too.

Thanks
Deepal

> Deepal,
>
> "But in the simple annotation support (no wsdl case) , it does not have
> any dependency and will only use JAM to process annotation and use RPC
> MR as the MRs."
>
> Unfortunately the above Is not enough to pass the JSR 181 TCK :( 181
> includes wsdl processing and handlers support as well.
>
> -- dims
>

> On 3/1/07, Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> wrote:
>

>> > I think the addition of annotations itself justifies 1.2 .. that's a
>> > major userbility improvement.
>> >
>> > Isn't that independent of JAX-WS?
>> >
>> hmm ,it is YES and No answer . The issue is pojo annotation uses JAX-WS
>> API as well as metedat module , in the meantime there is a dependency to
>> JAX-WS as well (JAXWSMessageReciver).
>>
>> So If the JAX-WS not in good shape to go ahead and release (I think it
>> is in good shape ) , then there will be affect on annotation as well.
>>
>> But in the simple annotation support (no wsdl case) , it does not have
>> any dependency and will only use JAM to process annotation and use RPC
>> MR as the MRs.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Deepal

Deepal

Re: [Axis2] 1.2 RC1 end of the week?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Deepal,

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
I think the addition of annotations itself justifies 1.2 .. that's a major
userbility improvement.

Isn't that independent of JAX-WS?

Sanjiva.

Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> Hi Deve;
>
> As I mentioned in the initial mail on Axis2 1.2 release , we need to
> have JAX-WS support in this release. So cloud JAX-WS guys please update
> the list on the status and diliverability , then we can decide when to
> cut the RC. As I know once we cut the RC we are done with the features
> supports and only have time to fix the issues.
>
> By looking at the JIRA list and remaining items , I dont think we are in
> a good position to cut the RC so soon. Since we do not have that many
> feature adding from 1.1 to 1.2.
>
> Thanks
> Deepal
>
> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>
>> Using maven1.
>>
>> -- dims
>>
>> On 2/26/07, Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Will this build be with Maven1 or Maven2?
>>> How about 1.2 final?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Franz

>>> --
>>> Dr. Franz Fehringer (Dipl. Math.)
>>> Projektleiter Touristik-Systeme
>>> ____________________________________
>>> ISO Software Systeme GmbH
>>> Eichendorffstrasse 29
>>> 90491 Nürnberg
>>> Germany
>>>
>>> Tel.: +49/(911) - 99594-0
>>>
>>> mailto:Franz.Fehringer@isogmbh.de
>>> http://www.isogmbh.de
>>>
>>> Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 18299
>>> Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Inform., Dipl.-Kaufm. Harald Goeb
>>> Sitz: Nürnberg

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: [Axis2] 1.2 RC1 end of the week?

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
hi,
I still working on HttpBinding support and multiservice support for
WSDL 1.1and hope I could finish on end of next week (at least good
enough to have a
RC1).

I did a lot of bug fixing and improvements for adb, WSDL processing and
codegen. In the user list I saw some people testing with axis2-1.1.1 and
reporting issues while it already fixed in the trunk. And also I did not see
many issues regarding the newly added WSDL 2.0 support since (hope) we did
not do any release with it.

So I believe that it is time to have a release. What I would like to suggest
is to  come up with some features where we can have a RC1 release within 1
or 2 week and do a final release at the end of march.

Thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: [Axis2] 1.2 RC1 end of the week?

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Deve;

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Using maven1.
>
> -- dims
>
> On 2/26/07, Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Will this build be with Maven1 or Maven2?
>> How about 1.2 final?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Franz
>>

>> Davanum Srinivas schrieb:
>> > Folks,
>> >
>> > Could we do a 1.2 RC1 end of the week? What's missing?
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> > dims
>> >

>> --
>> Dr. Franz Fehringer (Dipl. Math.)
>> Projektleiter Touristik-Systeme
>> ____________________________________
>> ISO Software Systeme GmbH
>> Eichendorffstrasse 29
>> 90491 Nürnberg
>> Germany
>>
>> Tel.: +49/(911) - 99594-0
>>
>> mailto:Franz.Fehringer@isogmbh.de
>> http://www.isogmbh.de
>>
>> Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 18299
>> Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Inform., Dipl.-Kaufm. Harald Goeb
>> Sitz: Nürnberg

Deepal

Re: [Axis2] 1.2 RC1 end of the week?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Using maven1.

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.
Hello,

--
Dr. Franz Fehringer (Dipl. Math.)
Projektleiter Touristik-Systeme
____________________________________
ISO Software Systeme GmbH
Eichendorffstrasse 29
90491 N�rnberg
Germany

Tel.: +49/(911) - 99594-0

mailto:Franz.Fehringer@isogmbh.de
http://www.isogmbh.de

Amtsgericht N�rnberg HRB 18299
Gesch�ftsf�hrer: Dipl.-Inform., Dipl.-Kaufm. Harald Goeb
Sitz: N�rnberg