Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by co...@compuserve.de on 2006/11/28 13:20:16 UTC

server not reachable in regular period of time

Hi all,

I run a Linux script to check every 5 minutes whether my server is still on:

#! /bin/bash
while true; do
 sleep 300
  `wget http://localhost:8080/myapp/index.jsp -o stdout`
    result=`grep -c 'OK' stdout`
      if [ $result -eq 0 ]; then
          echo "server down" | mail -s "warning:server down"
myemail@yahoo.com
            fi
              done

>From this script I noticed that my server is not reachable every 70
minutes. Then, I open a browser and request my application. It still works.

Could any body please have an explanation for this phenomenon?

Thanks.

Gop

Re: server not reachable in regular period of time

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
What does stdout have in it when your script registers a server down
condition?

--David