Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Pervez, Salman" <Sa...@citadelgroup.com> on 2012/03/22 16:53:26 UTC

qmfengine

Hi everyone, I have yet another qpid install question. :)

I am getting this error

  File "/home/spervez1/qpid-0.14/cpp/bindings/qmf/python/qmf.py", line 26, in <module>
    import qmfengine
ImportError: No module named qmfengine

I did a quick google search and found that I needed to install the <qpid-home>/extras/qmf module. So I did.

      /... qpid-0.14/extras/qmf $ python setup.py build
      /...qpid-0.14/extras/qmf $ python setup.py install --home=/home/spervez1/python-modules/qmf

The $HOME/python-modules/qmf directory tree looks like this...

Lib/
  Python/
    Qmf/

I've tried adding all these directories to my PYTHONPATH but still get the same error. Fyi the python-modules/qmf/lib/python/qmf dir contains these files...

__init__.py  __init__.pyc  console.py  console.pyc

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Salman

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY NOTICE

The contents of this message and any attachments may be confidential and proprietary and also may be covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. This message is not intended to be used by, and should not be relied upon in any way, by any third party. If you are not an intended recipient, please inform the sender of the transmission error and delete this message immediately without reading, disseminating, distributing or copying the contents. Citadel makes no assurances that this e-mail and any attachments are free of viruses and other harmful code.

RE: qmfengine

Posted by "Pervez, Salman" <Sa...@citadelgroup.com>.
So I am updating this topic yet again. Really hoping this time we will make a little progress. :)

It looks like the issue can be traced back to the configure script which is unable to find my local python build. Which is why it makes sense that no python bindings are generated! Here is the warning from ./configure

configure: WARNING: Couldn't find Python developer libs - you probably don't have a python-dev or python-devel package installed

I have python-devel installed in ~/python-devel. So I tries passing that as a flag to configure --with-python-devel=~/python-devel. I also tried changing this to configure --with-python-devel=~/python-devel/include/python2.7.

I also tried adding the location of my local python build to CXXFLAGS as well as LDFLAGS but the configure script somehow always ends up finding python2.4

checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for python version... 2.4
checking for python platform... linux2

So my question is, how do I direct the configure script to use my local python install instead?

Salman

Re: qmfengine

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

RE: qmfengine