Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@robweir.com> on 2015/01/03 00:05:12 UTC

Re: [mail list moderation] Help needed with message to "announce"

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I included announce@openoffice.apache.org on the message I sent yesterday
> about ApacheConNA, but it hasn't been delivered to that list. Does it need
> help from a list moderator?

Sorry for the delay.  I've been distracted by various family events
over the holidays.  Should be 'back to normal' next week.

So we're all on the same page, the way announce@openoffice.org works is:

1) It automatically rejects all posts unless sent from apache.org
email address.    So this means only committers can submit notes.

2) All posts are held for moderation.   I'm one moderator.  I'm not
sure who else is.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: [mail list moderation] Help needed with message to "announce"

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 01/02/2015 03:05 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I included announce@openoffice.apache.org on the message I sent yesterday
>> about ApacheConNA, but it hasn't been delivered to that list. Does it need
>> help from a list moderator?
>>

> Sorry for the delay.  I've been distracted by various family events
> over the holidays.  Should be 'back to normal' next week.
>
> So we're all on the same page, the way announce@openoffice.org works is:
>
> 1) It automatically rejects all posts unless sent from apache.org
> email address.    So this means only committers can submit notes.
>
> 2) All posts are held for moderation.   I'm one moderator.  I'm not
> sure who else is.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

it did get moderated eventually, but thanks for this post. I had read
the instructions and followed them, but didn't know about the moderation
for all posts. All good now. No worries.