Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/01 23:21:00 UTC

white-space-collapse property in PageNumber/PageNumberCitation

Question: property "white-space-collapse" (Spec
7.15.12) is defined within both PageNumber.java and
PageNumberCitation.java as an integer, but according
to the spec this property is not defined for these two
FO's (example:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_page-number,
scroll down to applicable properties).   Am I missing
something here--why do we have W-S-C defined for these
two?

Thanks,
Glen

Re: white-space-collapse property in PageNumber/PageNumberCitation

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
I guess we have some cleanup to do--I'll take a look
at some of the FO's this weekend and report back to
the team on property-removals we may need.  The
interesting FO's will be those which are actually
utilizing invalid properties in their processing
logic--hopefully there won't be many!

Glen

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Victor Mote wrote:
> Actually, I have a strong interest in TTS.

Check out
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/freetts/
Don't be carried away in the initial enthusiasm, it still sucks.
But if your company has resources to spare to work on it, by
all means try to do this!

J.Pietschmann

RE: white-space-collapse property in PageNumber/PageNumberCitation

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Apropos aural properties: anyone with enough time at hand to
> make a voice renderer based on FreeTTS? :-)

Actually, I have a strong interest in TTS. We are trying to work it into our
proofreading cycle, so the computer reads the text out loud to a proofreader
who is looking at an original document (we convert old documents to text).
Maybe someday ... after fonts ... after layout ... after layout strategy ...
after API ...

Victor Mote

Re: white-space-collapse property in PageNumber/PageNumberCitation

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Glen Mazza wrote:

> Question: property "white-space-collapse" (Spec
> 7.15.12) is defined within both PageNumber.java and
> PageNumberCitation.java as an integer, but according
> to the spec this property is not defined for these two
> FO's (example:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_page-number,
> scroll down to applicable properties).   Am I missing
> something here--why do we have W-S-C defined for these
> two?

Copy+paste, I think, and a lot of inertia. You've got hyphenation
props on Character as well as aural props and other stuff
all over the place.