Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Ofir Herzas <he...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/24 16:16:58 UTC

dropdownFactory for Spark ComboBox

Hi,

I have a Spark tree component that I wrote based on List (Flex 4.13)

Now I want to use that tree component in a Spark ComboBox instead of the
usual dropdown list.

In flex 3, I had it done via dropdownFactory but it seems that this property
is no longer available in flex 4.

Any ideas how this can be accomplished?

(I tried to replace the dataGroup component in the ComboBoxSkin but that
just raised an exception saying that dataGroup can no accept my tree
component)

Thanks,

Ofir

Re: dropdownFactory for Spark ComboBox

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/25/15, 2:36 PM, "Ofir" <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks Alex.
>I was hoping there was a simpler way since I'd have to take care of
>selection and skinning myself.
>What is the option you mentioned on the ComboBox?
>Also, assuming I'd go with your DataGroup extension, would I be able to
>simply replace the datagroup skin part in the ComboBox?

I don't know for sure, but that seems like the best bet.

-Alex

Re: dropdownFactory for Spark ComboBox

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/24/15, 7:16 AM, "Ofir Herzas" <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a Spark tree component that I wrote based on List (Flex 4.13)
>
>Now I want to use that tree component in a Spark ComboBox instead of the
>usual dropdown list.
>
>In flex 3, I had it done via dropdownFactory but it seems that this
>property
>is no longer available in flex 4.
>

>Any ideas how this can be accomplished?
>

>(I tried to replace the dataGroup component in the ComboBoxSkin but that
>just raised an exception saying that dataGroup can no accept my tree
>component)

Can you rewrite your Tree to subclass DataGroup instead of List?
Otherwise you may have to do more work on ComboBox to accept something
other than a DataGroup as the drop down.

-Alex