Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com> on 2006/10/29 21:29:35 UTC

turbine 2.3.1 and torque 3.1.1 in eclipse 3.x

Hello Turbineers!

I have used turbine for a long time now and had taken a break for the past
year or so. I am now working again on a turbine based application,
however, we are required to have all aspects working smoothly in Eclipse.

I have spent the past few hours figuring out how to take a META based app
to Eclipse, and had success in this endeavor. However, I still need to be
able to execute the torque:create-db and torque:insert-sql Maven targets
from within Eclipse (regenerating the OM layer would also be nice)

I attempted to download the Maven-ide plugin from codehaus but I haven't
figured out how to integrate that with my turbine/torque setup. pointers
on this would be helpful

I also looked at trying to get the old build-torque.xml to work via ant
calls, but that was causing me greater pains with configuration and the
fact that the META generated app is using Torque 3.1.1 and I am a little
lost as to how to create a compatible build-torque.xml to work

I must use Eclipse 3.1 with the MyEclipse plugin and running on
Windows machines due to current environment setup :(
I am not happy about this but it is a shared development project.

So I really must try to get this working properly under this environment.

I hope to help update the documentation if I can get some help getting
this to work. Hopefully, some other kind soul has been through this and
can send me their notes if you have some.

So basically, I can generate the app using the META and Maven on Linux,
run "maven eclipse" and bring the app into eclipse ok. The next step is to
get database generation working from Eclipse. Does anyone else have this
working? any helpful pointers

I feel very close, but still not quite there yet.

--
Thank you,

Jeffery Painter