Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/08/05 10:03:01 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Proposing new PMC member

Hi community,

    In order to help further growing Apache CarbonData community, I would like to propose Brijoo Bopanna (github id: https://github.com/brijoobopanna) to become member of PMC. Please discuss on this topic.

    In the past, Brijoo Bopanna contributed a lot in CarbonData project, which can be summarized as follow:
    - Contributed to design review and feature development in Index Server, Materialized View, and Spatial Index.
    - Proactively supported community building for last 5 years, like coordinated many community meetups, Apache Jira handling, feature roadmap planning, etc.
    - Contributed to documentation and website improvements. He has wrote multiple blogs in promoting CarbonData. For example, this blog have more than 5K+ views across various social media. (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CARBONDATA/2021/09/21/Comparative+study+of+Apache+Iceberg%2C+Open+Delta%2C+Apache+CarbonData+and+Hudi#:~:text=the%20complete%20blog-,here,-.)

    Brijoo has long history of contribution in CarbonData, not only working on cardondata feature design and review, but also managing various infrastructure of carbondata project and keep promoting carbondata in data analytics domain. So I'd like to promote him as a new PMC member.

Regards,
Jacky Li

Re: [DISCUSSION] Proposing new PMC member

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

This discussion (about adding PMC member) should be on private mailing
list, not public dev.

Please, let's discuss on the private mailing list.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Posted by Shreelekhya Gampa <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1. I agree with you.

Posted by Indhumathi M <in...@gmail.com>.
+1. I would also like to add Brijoo as a new PMC member, since his
contributions for the project looks great.

Regards,
Indhumathi M