Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Kenneth Fogel <kf...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca> on 2020/04/04 21:25:10 UTC

Upcoming class that will be using NB 12

Hi,

Starting Monday I will be teaching a course called Desktop Application Development with Java at Concordia University in the Continuing Education department. This is one of the five courses I designed for the program. It's taken after an into to programming in Java course. We cover Maven, Git, JavaFX, JDBC, Data Structures and Software Patterns all in 40 hours over 8 classes, each 4 ½ hours long.

I fired up 11.3 and immediately had issues with JavaFX. Geertjan suggested, after I filed a JIRA report, that I should jump to the 12.0 Beta 2 for my class and I will. I've already filed one minor issue for 12 and as my students use it I will report on their experiences and issues they have.

I do have one question. The nbactions.xml shows that jlink is an action name along with run and debug. I can't find how to invoke it. Could someone tell me how?

Thanks,

Ken Fogel

Re: Upcoming class that will be using NB 12

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
It might appear in "Project popup/Run Maven/JLink", if not try "Project
popup/Properties/Actions" category.
-jt

so 4. 4. 2020 v 23:29 odesílatel Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.