Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by IdRatherBeSailing <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/16 17:24:15 UTC

JSR168 User Attributes and mapping?

Does anyone know which JSR168 supporting Portals support the mapping of JSR168 user attributes as defined by the jsr168 spec (plt.17 section), and as defined in a portlet.xml descriptor?   Is this commonly/widely supported (eg, should we bother trying to make use of it in our portlets yet?)

The spec is necessarily vague on how you map these generic user attribute names to those corresponding to what your portal supports - how/when do various portals support doing such mapping?

Is there a generic JSR168 mailing list to discuss spec questions and general cross-vendor compatibility issues (eg, best practices for building portlets likely to run on all 168 portals) or is this list as good as any?

Re: Property Manager Question

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
David Le Strat wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Could someone clarify when to use
> org.apache.pluto.services.property.PropertyManager?
>
> What are the property maps in question refering to?
> User attributes?
>
> Regards,
>
> David Le Strat.

Hi David,
no the property manager gives you access to the request properties that
the portal can set in the request and the portlet in the response.

Stefan

Property Manager Question

Posted by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com>.
Hello there,