Posted to dev@hugegraph.apache.org by Galaxy V <dy...@gmail.com> on 2023/10/26 07:41:44 UTC

[Proposal] Introduce new modules PD and Store components into HugeGraph

Hello everyone, I am VGalaxies, a new contributor to Apache HugeGraph. I am
excited to share with you a new feature that I have been working on for the
past few months. Currently, the architecture of HugeGraph is a monolithic
one centered around hugegraph-server. In order to improve the scalability
and performance of HugeGraph, the community have designed and implemented a
distributed architecture with two additional modules: hugegraph-pd and
hugegraph-store, which support graph data partitioning and multiple
replicas, and separate storage from computation for flexible scaling. The
responsibilities of these two modules are as follows: - hugegraph-pd: pd
stands for placement driver, which is a meta server responsible for service
discovery, partition information management, and node scheduling. -
hugegraph-store: this is a new built-in storage backend, which uses RocksDB
as the distributed backend storage engine. This feature is inspired by the
internal version of HugeGraph that has been used in some scenarios. I have
merged the code of PD and Store into HugeGraph on the preview branch
'pd-store'[1], and made some adjustments to the project structure,
configurations, and related codes. You can find the details in this
issue[2]. I have also done some preliminary tests and validations, and the
results are promising. I hope you are interested in this feature and would
like to participate in the development and testing. You can also leave your
comments and suggestions in the issue[2] or reply to me in this thread.
Appreciate any suggestion/feedback & contribution. Thank you for your
attention and support. Best regards, VGalaxies Reference:

   1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph/issues/2265
   (summary-issue)
   2. https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph/tree/pd-store
   (preview-branch)

Re: [Proposal] Introduce new modules PD and Store components into HugeGraph

Posted by Shiming Zhang <mi...@apache.org>.
Great feature ! ! !

Posted by Jacky Yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Nice Feature !