Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ms...@apache.org on 2003/05/06 14:35:04 UTC

Re: RegexFunction

The function syntax has changed in the latest code.  Rather than
URLEncoding all the arguments for a function, only certain characters need to
be escaped with a "\".  Characters like $,{}() need to be escaped (though you
can probably get away with not escaping most except for commas).

But, this is a good reminder - we should make JMeter 1.9 know how to load
functions saved under 1.8.1.

-Mike

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org

Re: RegexFunction

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
On 6 May 2003 at 10:37, Michael C. Lee Jr. wrote:

> Speaking as a user of the regex function. I'm fine with it not being
> backward compatable as long as I can do 2 things.
> 1) Generate the function again using the gui.
> 2) Be able to put in the old function and have it generate the new one.
>
> I wouldn't put in conditions in all the samplers and such to check for 1.8.1
> or 1.9 expressions.
> Just document it well.
> If we're making requests I have a few;
> - Have a way to gradually increase the number of users until failure (or
> some certain load value). We should then be able to get these values.
> - Be able to pull a value using regex from an http request in a more logical
> manner (we've discussed this on an earlier thread).

Must've missed that.  The bug database is good for enhancement requests too.

> - Copy and paste!!

Already in the current CVS code.

> my 5c,
> Great product,